Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sponsored marathon 2011/07/08

Did a sponsored marathon at work on Friday morning - 26 "there-and-backs" on an absolutely straight, flat bit of road. The idea was for a team relay - I decided to be a team of one! I was, unsurprisingly, the only person to do the whole lot solo, but the run organiser manfully ran alternate laps with me. Have to say that it wasn't as mentally tough as I thought it would be - once I had 10 miles under my belt, I was nicely in the zone.

Thigh has been a bit troublesome so I took it fairly easily and for the first time tried a run 20, walk 5 strategy which I stuck to religiously. Felt a bit foreign at first but I have to say seemed to make a massive difference, so extremely useful learning there. Used a Gu Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel towards the end with was awesome - and Blueberry Pomegranate flavour was a taste sensation.


Did 3:54 for the run - averaged pretty much 8min/mile for the running. Garmin said 27.1 miles - so does that count as an ultra!!! Felt amazing good afterwards and no untoward injuries - but having the weekend off.


All in all raised £250 for the RAF Association Wings Appeal so chuffed re that.



Here's my scenic route!


No comments:

Post a Comment