Thursday, April 05, 2012

Viking Way Ultra

Well here it is! The 147 mile Viking Way Ultra starts 7am on Saturday morning, with a 40 hour cutoff.

I'm nervous but also strangely calm and quietly confident. I'm under no delusions that is going to be incredibly hard - both physically and mentally. However, I'm not scared as I was before The Spine. With The Spine there was fear of the unknown and fear of being stranded, lost in the cold possibly miles from anyway. With The Viking Way, whilst I know it's going to hurt (a lot!), I also know a lot of the route and it's never far from civilisation. So yes, nervous but not terrified!!


Weather could be interesting. After a couple of weeks of lovely spring, almost summery weather, this week has brought heavy rain (and snow to higher parts) and a massive dip in temperatures. So major quandary on what to wear - I'm bad enough at the best of time. So basically I'm taking a big bag!


Things I must remember:

1. Don't go too fast at the beginning
2. Keep the calories going in

Let's do it - bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment